mardi 14 mai 2013

Namta Art Convention 2013

I decided to invite myself (joke) to follow Johanne, owner of ÇaFabrik to the 2013 Namta Art Convention in Minneapolis, Minnesota!  It was held from Wednesday, May 1st to Friday, May 3rd and it actually snowed the Friday morning!  Back home, the sun was shining and it was very warm, but at least we were having fun!  I was amazed to discover all the different fine arts companies I hadn't known even existed.  There were lots of new products and I got an eyeful of things I have added to my "gotta have it list".  What was my most favorite booth, you ask?  Well even if you don't I'll tell you anyway.  It was the crafter's workshop booth.   Stencils, stencils and more stencils!  I was like a kid in a candy store waiting for someone to give me a taste for free!  We actually did receive a few stencils from the very nice lady working in the kiosque, although her name evades my memory at the moment.  Here is a sample of a few of the mixed media projects that were on display beside the stencils, aren't they just the neatest!!  I love the colors and the black outline and the stencil of the lady silhouette outlined in white.  It amazes me how people actually have the imagination to create these projects, I will definitely try my hand at it, the ideas are coming to me, I can see them now!  Pretty sweet eh?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire